I’m happy to say, I am finally measuring progress in something more than centimeters in the garden.
Remember those aluminum raised bed corners? Well, I never put the end caps on (they appeared to be semi-permanent once you tapped them into the holes). So, I used the holes. My tea plants (which I nearly killed by ignoring the “they don’t like wind that much” line in the instructions) got a burlap wind screen. (That’s Empress’s “cute look”, in case you couldn’t tell.)
Yes, that bed is mostly onions and bok choi… the tea plants just aren’t all that big right now and the leafy greens are.
At the other end, I used leftover deck screws to make pegs for a bean trellis.
And then there’s the lettuce patch… which has suddenly gotten completely out of control. It will get beans on a trellis, too, which will hopefully provide enough shade to keep the lettuce from bolting longer.
That’s swiss chard in front (Bright Lights). So pretty, you want to figure out how to eat it… but we have to eat the lettuce first. (It’s been chicken ceasar salad every other night around here.)
And that’s it… whoa! Under 200 words. I must be coming down with something. 😉